Sunday 19 May 2013

Red Carpet: Jennifer Lawrence at The Cannes Film Festival 2013

My favourite lady star of the moment, Jennifer Lawrence is currently at the Cannes Film Festival promoting the next instalment of 'The Hunger Games' and has yet again wore Christian Dior to each event so far. Now I know she is in the ads for Miss Dior so therefore is probably influenced (or contracted, who knows) to wearing Dior to public events, but I feel a lot of the time the Dior designs can age Jennifer quite a bit. Ms. Lawrence is one celebrity I would absolutely love to be a stylist for (Jennifer if your listening, hire me!) because to me she is stunning, she has a great healthy figure, she could have fun with fashion, is a brilliant role model for young girls, and last but not least she is YOUNG- young enough to pull off some incredible designs out there that most older actresses would not. So that's why I feel sometimes Dior designs can make her appear much older and sometimes dowdy which is something she most certainly is not. Which brings me to this feature which is of Jennifer wearing a Christian Dior (F/W '13) dress, I do believe the hem should have been shortened an inch or two as it makes her appear shorter when the length cuts off just above the ankle. The crisp white looks great on her, the casual-ness of her hair style, the simple jewellery and the pink pumps keep this look fresh and youthful which is needed and of course her flawless makeup. I really like this look on Jennifer but I really wish she would start wearing more of a variety of designers and ease up on the Dior, one designer that always works well for Jennifer is Prabal Gurung- that stunning liquid gold gown by Prabal she wore at the LA Premiere for The Hunger Games last year, that's what I want to see more of!


Jennifer Lawrence at 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Party during The Cannes Film Festival 2013 wearing Christian Dior dress, Jimmy Choo shoes & Chopard jewels.








Photo credit: Zimbio


No comments:

Post a Comment