Friday 17 May 2013

Red Carpet: Nicole Kidman at The Cannes Film Festival 2013

And so it begins, The 66th Cannes Film Festival officially begun on Wednesday which means for the next two weeks we will be swamped in red carpet glamour, haute couture gowns and the finest diamonds. Which I think is a great introduction to this post featuring the beautiful Nicole Kidman who is a member of the main competition jury at the festival this year, which means we will be treated to many stunning looks from her as the festival goes on. I am featuring two looks from Nicole from Wednesday and I have to say for me she stood out from everyone else and absolutely stole the show, you'll see why below...



Nicole Kidman at the Jury Photocall for the Cannes Film Festival 2013 wearing an Alexander McQueen dress, Jimmy Choo shoes and Omega timepiece.
I adore this entire look, the bell sleeves take a simple black dress and make it interesting and unique. I like how the look was paired with one jewellery piece, a stunning timepiece from Omega and to add a pop of colour those berry coloured Jimmy Choo pumps really add a playfulness to the look. What really completes this entire look is the hair and makeup, a fresh, natural makeup look with a soft distressed-like side plait tied with a pretty little ribbon, making this my favourite beauty look of Nicole's to date. It's feminine, soft and oh so beautiful. Head-to-toe perfection.










Nicole Kidman at the "The Great Gatsby" Premiere & Cannes Film Festival 2013 Opening Ceremony wearing a Christian Dior Haute Couture dress and shoes.
I am so glad to finally see someone wear this dress on the red carpet and wear it well because this was one of my favourite looks from the Dior Haute Couture S/S'13 collection. At first glance I thought this is complete perfection but on closer inspection I did question the colour choice of shoe as that neon pink is quite attention grabbing, and with a dress that stunning you want all attention on dress only, so I would have chosen a more softer/pastel colour pump. Also Nicole's hair looks great from the front but once you get a side and back view of her hair it resembles a hair helmet with a tail, low bun or simple chignon would have been a better choice. Even after saying all that this I still love this look, Nicole looks absolutely stunning and she stood out from everone else and that is what you want from a red carpet look.






 
 
Photo credit: Zimbio


No comments:

Post a Comment