Wednesday 25 January 2012

Atelier Versace Spring Summer 2012

This was Versace's comeback to the Paris couture schedule and it most definitely didn't go un-noticed. The theme was "Power Woman" and Donatella certainly designed a collection which was powerful but I would also describe it as romantic sci-fi, especially when it came to the grey strapless and structured beaded lace gown, stunning. I will have dreams about that dress. The fabrics were combinations of leather and lace with intricate rose motifs, crystalline sugar-granule beading, gold aluminium crescent shape slices which gave a structured look to the silhouettes and emphasised the curves on the female body all worked in silvery tones then gold tones and finally the acid brights finished the show. I think any woman wearing any item from this collection will have a theme tune running through her mind the entire time, that being "I'm sexy and I know it..."
My favourites from the collection.













No comments:

Post a Comment