Saturday 11 February 2012

The Grammy's - What The Stars Should Wear

It's awards season, and it's one of my favourite times of the year (after fashion week(s) of course) as I love seeing who wears what! Time and time again some stars get it wrong and it gets me thinking of what I would have loved to have seen that certain star wear even if they wear something beautiful and stylish, I still sometimes think of something else they could have worn and looked even better. So now I'm going to have a little fun, I have picked out some looks from recent designer collections that I think would look great on some of the stars that will be at The Grammy's tomorrow. So here goes...

Adele always looks chic and glamorous, with a hint of the 1950's & 60's to her style. So I picked a look (on the left) from Alexander McQueen's pre-fall 2012 collection or (on the right) a look from Giambattista Valli's spring 2012 couture collection. I think either of these would look beautiful on Adele with the right accessories and jewellry.


Beyoncé might not be a confirmed guest for tomorrows Grammy's but who knows she could make an appearence! So I went ahead and chose two looks I could see Beyoncé absolutely rocking it in. On the left is a look from Antonio Berardi's spring 2012 collection and on the right a look from Emilio Pucci's pre-fall 2012 collection. Either of these would be a winner once Beyoncé added some incredible bling and killer heels.


Gwyneth always attends events wearing the newest and hottest clothes off the runway, last year even wearing an Emilio Pucci outfit from their spring 2012 collection that hadn't even been down the catwalk! So I went ahead and picked a dress from Giambattista Valli's spring couture 2012 collection (on the left) and an outfit from Tom Ford's spring 2012 collection (on the right). I could definitely see Gwyneth looking stunning in either of these looks.


Hoping that Katy Perry keeps her hair blue for the Grammy's, as the two looks I picked for her would really compliment the colour and style of her hair at the moment. First up (on the left) is an art deco print dress from Etro's spring 2012 collection, pile on the bling jewellry and this would be stunning on Katy. Then the second look couldn't be more different not needing any jewellry with really, is a look from Elie Saab's couture spring 2012 collection. Either would be a winner for Katy.

I'm not sure if Lady GaGa will be attending tomorrows Grammy's but if she does she will no doubt turn up looking incredible. I can easily picture GaGa wearing either of the two looks I have picked for her, especially once she had added that incredible flare of her own to create the finished outfit. On the left is a look from one of her favourite designers- Alexander McQueen (spring 2012 collection) Can't you totally see Lady GaGa in this?! The look on the right is from Oscar de la Renta's spring 2012 collection, I could really see her wearing this and rocking it in her own unique way.



Pink is nominated this year not sure if she will be attending, but I went ahead and picked two looks I could see her wearing. On the left is a dress from Doo.Ri, it's feminine and natural but the leather trim toughens the dress up giving it that rock chic edge that Pink is known for. With some statement jewellry and and an edgy hair style this dress would be perfect on Pink. Then the second look (on the right) is from Jean Paul Gaultier's couture spring 2012 collection, and would totally play on Pink's edgy style, with the perfect killer accessories this outfit would also be super-edgy-stylish.

For Rihanna's chosen looks I struggled to narrow the selections lower than 4, mainly because she's such a style chameleon. I'm really hoping she turns up with her hair blonde like she has been spotted wearing recently because I love it! So my picks that I would love to see Rihanna wearing are, (top, left) a cream coloured dress with sheer skirt from Givenchy's couture fall 2011 collection, (top, right) a caramel coloured beaded dress from Givenchy's couture spring 2012 collection, (bottom, left) a black lace dress with exposed bodice from Giambattista Valli's couture spring 2012 collection and lastly (bottom, right) a black mesh and fringed creation from Tom Ford's spring 2012 collection. I would LOVE to see Rihanna wearing any of these!



Finally the last star I chose for was Taylor Swift, I presume she will be attending as she's nominated. Anyway here are some choices I picked for her, they are all shorter hemlines becasue the last couple of times she has attended she has worn long evening dresses so I thought I would go ahead and shake it up with some shorter dresses! The first two dresses are from Antonio Berardi's spring 2012 collection, both so beautiful and feminine if I had both these dresses in front of my I don't think I would be able to choose. Then the third dress is a beautiful blue ruffled dress from Yves Saint Laurent's spring 2012 collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment